Plasma membrane (PM) protein accounts for a small fraction of total cellular protein in plants but performs a very critical role in plant physiology. Isolation and purification of PM protein from plant tissues have been traditionally done by sucrose density ultracentrifugation and aqueous two-phase partitioning. These relatively effective methods require ultracentrifugation and a large amount of starting material. The procedures are usually tedious and time-consuming. To overcome the shortcomings, we have developed this PM isolation kit. Plant tissues are first sensitized by buffer A, homogenized and then passed through a specialized filter cartridge that allows homogenates to pass through with a zigzag path. The cell membranes are ruptured into a range of predefined sizes during the process. Native plasma membranes are separated from a mixture of unruptured cells, nuclei, cytosol and organelles by subsequent differential centrifugation and density centrifugation without using ultracentrifugation. Due to the use of the same amount of starting material, defined centrifugal force and predefined duration in every experiment, the result is much more consistent with a high degree of PM protein enrichment. The procedure can be completed in about 1 hour.
|Buffer A||25 ml|
|Buffer B||10 ml|
|Protein Extraction Filter Cartridges||50 Units|
|Collection Tubes with caps||50 Units|
|Plastic Rods||2 Units|
|Tissue Dissociation Beads||10 g|
1. Shen, Q., Bourdais, G., Pan, H., Robatzek, S., & Tang, D. (2017). Arabidopsis glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein LLG1 associates with and modulates FLS2 to regulate innate immunity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 201614468.
2. Lv, Z., Huang, Y., Ma, B., Xiang, Z., & He, N. (2018). LysM1 in MmLYK2 is a motif required for the interaction of MmLYP1 and MmLYK2 in the chitin signaling. Plant Cell Reports, 1-12.
3. Miller, J. C., Lawrence, S. A., Ceserani, T., Beakes, C. L., & Clay, N. K. (2018). Heterotrimeric G-proteins in unfolded protein response mediate plant growth-defense tradeoffs upstream of steroid and immune signaling. bioRxiv, 438135.
4. Wang, Q., Li, Y., Ishikawa, K., Kosami, K. I., Uno, K., Nagawa, S., ... & Kawano, Y. (2018). Resistance protein Pit interacts with the GEF OsSPK1 to activate OsRac1 and trigger rice immunity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115(49), E11551-E11560.
5. Ma, S., Sun, L., Sui, X., Li, Y., Chang, Y., Fan, J., & Zhang, Z. Phloem loading in cucumber: combined symplastic and apoplastic strategies. The Plant Journal.
6. Zhang, S., Feng, M., Chen, W., Zhou, X., Lu, J., Wang, Y., ... & Gao, J. (2019). In rose, transcription factor PTM balances growth and drought survival via PIP2; 1 aquaporin. Nature plants, 1.
7. Liu, C., Cui, D., Zhao, J., Liu, N., Wang, B., Liu, J., ... & Hu, Y. (2019). Two Arabidopsis Receptor-Like Cytoplasmic Kinases SZE1 and SZE2 Associate with the ZAR1-ZED1 Complex and Are Required for Effector-Triggered Immunity. Molecular Plant.
8. Wang, J., Hu, M., Wang, J., Qi, J., Han, Z., Wang, G., ... & Chai, J. (2019). Reconstitution and structure of a plant NLR resistosome conferring immunity. Science, 364(6435), eaav5870.
9. Zhang, X., Zhang, H., Lou, X., & Tang, M. (2019). Mycorrhizal and non-mycorrhizal Medicago truncatula roots exhibit differentially regulated NADPH oxidase and antioxidant response under Pb stress. Environmental and Experimental Botany.
10.Li, X., Li, N., & Xu, F. (2019). Increased autophagy of rice can increase yield and nitrogen use efficiency (NUE). Frontiers in Plant Science, 10, 584.
High Quality Guaranteed Product
Our products such as Elisa, Antibodies, Proteins, Peptides and sequencing kits are covered by Biolinkk quality warranty and will work as described in datasheet, a free replacement or money back is guaranteed if does not perform according to datasheet.