- Quantify as little 20 femtograms of human DNA in as little as 1 µl of sample.
- High specificity and sensitivity for human DNA in a background of non-target DNA.
- Fast and simple: add samples to the PreMix… and quantify.
The Femto Human DNA Quantification Kit can detect and quantify human DNA with high specificity and sensitivity. Human DNA can be reliably quantified in a background of non-human DNA, such as fungal, bacterial, animal, plant DNA, etc. This is essential for downstream applications that require accurate DNA input amounts such as STR analysis. The Femto Human DNA Quantification Kit dependably quantifies as little as 20 fg from 1 µL of DNA purified from biological liquids, human cell cultures, anthropological samples, or forensic samples.
|Detection Range||20 fg to 20 ng DNA|
|Equipment||Real-time quantitative PCR system, vortex mixer, microcentrifuge, PCR tube strip or PCR plate; optically transparent sealing film for PCR plate or tube strip caps|
|Sample Source||Purified DNA|
Q1: Is there any general advice on GLP for qPCR?
Since this kit is so sensitive, avoiding possible sources of contamination is key for a successful qPCR.
– Work in a clean environment and decontaminate the benchtop and pipettes with a 10% bleach solution.
– Wipe down the areas with ethanol to remove the trace amounts of bleach and allow the area to try.
– Use filtered tips.
– Take care to ensure that pipetting is efficient and accurate. Calibrate your pipettes regularly.
– Add standards directly into the premix and pipet up and down to flush out any remaining liquid from the tip.
– Avoid pipetting onto the walls as this may skew the results.
– The SYTO9 dye present within the premix is sensitive to light, so working quickly and diligently is recommended.
Q2: Does qPCR Premix contain ROX?
Our qPCR Premixes does not contain ROX Reference Dye. Ensure that the ROX channel of your device is switched off.
Q3: Which settings can be used for signal detection?
Our qPCR Premixes contains Syto9. You can use the SYBR Green channel for signal detection.
Q4: Are the Femto kits certified for low bioburden?
No, kits are not certified.
Q5: What is the origin of the human DNA Standards?
The DNA is derived from HeLa cells.
Q6: What is the primer target region?
The kit targets the LINE-1 region, with estimated 500,000 copies per genome.
Femto Human DNA Quantification Kit