- Quantify as little 20 femtograms of fungal DNA in as little as 1 µl of sample.
- High specificity and sensitivity for fungal DNA in a background of non-target DNA.
- Fast and simple: add samples to the PreMix… and quantify.
The Femto Fungal DNA Quantification Kit can be used to detect and quantify fungal DNA with high specificity and sensitivity. Fungal DNA can be reliably quantified in a background of non-fungal DNA such as bacterial, animal, and plant DNA, etc. This is essential for downstream applications that require accurate fungal DNA input including Next-Gen sequencing and metagenomic analysis. With the Femto Fungal DNA Quantification Kit, one can dependably quantify as little as 20 fg of fungal DNA in 1 µl purified biological liquids, fungal cultures, or environmental DNA samples.
|20 fg to 20 ng DNA
|Real-time quantitative PCR system, vortex mixer, microcentrifuge, PCR tube strip or PCR plate; optically transparent sealing film for PCR plate or tube strip caps
Q1: Is there any general advice on GLP for qPCR?
Since this kit is so sensitive, avoiding possible sources of contamination is key for a successful qPCR.
– Work in a clean environment and decontaminate the benchtop and pipettes with a 10% bleach solution.
– Wipe down the areas with ethanol to remove the trace amounts of bleach and allow the area to try.
– Use filtered tips.
– Take care to ensure that pipetting is efficient and accurate. Calibrate your pipettes regularly.
– Add standards directly into the premix and pipet up and down to flush out any remaining liquid from the tip.
– Avoid pipetting onto the walls as this may skew the results.
– The SYTO9 dye present within the premix is sensitive to light, so working quickly and diligently is recommended.
Q2: Does qPCR Premix contain ROX?
Our qPCR Premixes does not contain ROX Reference Dye. Ensure that the ROX channel of your device is switched off.
Q3: Which settings can be used for signal detection?
Our qPCR Premixes contains Syto9. You can use the SYBR Green channel for signal detection.
Q4: Are the Femto kits certified for low bioburden?
No, kits are not certified.
Q5: What primers are used in E2007?
Primers are ITS1-F and ITS2-R.
Forward Primer: ITS-1F
Reverse Primer: ITS-2R
They are based on this publication:
White, Thomas J., et al. “Amplification and direct sequencing of fungal ribosomal RNA genes for phylogenetics.” PCR protocols: a guide to methods and applications 18 (1990): 315-322
Q6: What is the primer target region?
The kit targets the ITS region
Q7: What is the origin of the fungal DNA Standards?
The DNA is derived from S. cerevisiae strain TMY18.
Femto Fungal DNA Quantification Kit